Say NO to SOY. Danger of GMO
As you may have noticed, soy protein has received a lot of attention in the media, which generally states that soy is definitely a healthy part of your diet. However, this is a myth.
The most recent scientific research demonstrates that there is a dark side to soy. It can cause many problems, including kidney stones, thyroid disorders, breast cancer, and is not to be consumed by women who are pregnant or nursing. A simple Google search will show you that this is correct. Because of the economy's situation, the US FDA (Food & Drug Administration) does not take these facts into consideration; they are more interested in the profits that soy brings.
Both men and women can be harmed by soy protein, which can usually be found in various supplements used for building muscle. Most of these soy products are made from soy protein isolated, or SPI. SPI is the possibly dangerous aspect of soy protein, as it contains multiple ingredients that may be harmful to your health. These are detailed below.
1. Phytic acid: This can prevent you from absorbing minerals including copper, zinc, magnesium, iron, and calcium. Phytic acid can also interfere with growth in children. Even by cooking your food, you still cannot destroy phytic acid.
2. Trypsin inhibitors: These block enzymes such as trypsin, which is vital to be able to digest protein. Results of these inhibitors may include serious gastro-intestinal issues, along with the normal amino acid utilization being unavailable.
3. Phytoestrogens: These disrupt the function of the endocrine gland and can cause breast cancer and, as a result, possibly also cause infertility in women. Men can suffer from sexual dysfunction due to the hormonal imbalance that it may cause.
4. Aluminum: This is a neurotoxin that can make it more likely that you will develop Alzheimer's or another neurological disorder.
5. Haemagglutinin: This is a substance that results in blood clotting, which can put unnecessary strain on your system and contribute to heart problems.
These are only some of the numerous aspects of soy that point to possible health problems. Furthermore, approximately 90% of soy in the USA is a genetically modified organism (GMO). Does this mean that soy is bad for you? Yes!
By examining the history of soy, we can further understand this problem. Soy wasn't always popular, but after it began to be used for oil distribution, soy waste was chosen to be used as a supplement for various foods. Essentially, isolated soy protein is filled with carcinogens and toxins, and is little more than an industrial waste product that has been marketed and sold as a kind of food.